So, hi, and thanks for visiting Eat Drink Stay Dubai,
I’ve started this blog as a free, unbiased and independent guide to eating, drinking, and staying in Dubai, from one resident’s viewpoint.
My primary aim for this site – if I find a great experience, offer, deal or travel hack, then I will share it so others can benefit also.
For now, I’m looking to focus on :-
- Eat – breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch
- Drink – bar, happy hour, brunch
- Stay – hotel
- Travel – flights, travel hacking
- Loyalty – SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest), Emirates Skywards, American Airlines AAdvantage, Etihad Guest
What this site is not :-
- Aiming to tackle Trip Advisor, Time Out, What’s On etc. – all of which are great, professional and respected websites.
- Aiming to give you a better deal than The Entertainer, Groupon, Cobone etc. – all of which are great, professional and respected websites.
What this site will hopefully be :-
- Unbiased – whilst it may detail my personal views or preferences, none of these will be influenced by payment or other inducements.
Firstly, I am no expert – nor do I profess to be.
I’m a middle-aged British expat, just sharing my experiences in this wonderful city.
Hopefully what I write may be useful, informative or just a good way to waste some time for people – if so, all’s good.
A note about terms used on this site….
- DINNER – the traditional English evening meal, NOT the Northern English mid-day meal
- LUNCH – the mid-day meal, NOT the Northern English ‘dinner’ (which is used on this site as the evening meal)
- REVIEW – somewhere I have actually visited, or experienced
- DISCOUNT – this can be an offer (something I’m promoting or been alerted to, but have not used yet) or a deal (something I have actually used)
- OFFER – A discount that I’m promoting, or noticed, but not used yet
- DEAL – A discount that I have actually used
- TRAVEL HACK – A tip for maximising your travel (hotel, flight, dine)
Reviews – all expenditure is from my own pocket.
Promotions/advertising – unless specifically noted in the post, no payment is accepted for any posts on this site.
Occassionally (paid) advertisements may be posted but these will be obvious.
Sponsorship – (as yet) I am not sponspored by any company or brand, but if you would like to change this please feel free to contact me.
Validity of offers – I accept no responsibility for offers expiring or being ended. Please check with the specific venue, provider or company before committing to anything featured on this site. I will try (as practical) to note where promotions/travel hacks/discounts have ended.
Anonymity – when I visit or review, I do so anonymously and independently as a ‘normal’ customer. That is, I do not advise the venue before/during/after, so as to experience in an unbiased way.
Visit dates – To balance anonymity/accuracy against relevance, I will note the month only of any visits, and the date any article is posted may not be the actual date of visit.