Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – German hospitality and class
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review is the latest article in our Brunch Budget Beds series, where we review business class Dubai hotels that cost less than a Dubai brunch.
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – Introduction
The Steigenberger Hotel Dubai, situated in Business Bay, is the first Steigenberger Hotel in the region. Steigenberger hotels are renowned for their German heritage, hospitality and
Steigenberger hotels are renowned for their German heritage, hospitality and well-being across 50 hotels and resorts in Europe.
Situated in the heart of Business Bay, the 19-floor Steigenberger Hotel Dubai is a 5-star luxury hotel and provides easy access to Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai Downtown, Dubai Canal etc.
Note – Check out the gallery below to see the stunning view and backdrop from the front entrance of the hotel.
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – First impressions and Check-in
On entering the lobby, one is instantly struck by the combination of understated elegance. High walls, immaculate shine to everything, oodles of natural light and plenty of space.
Reception is a shiny, minimalist black desk with smiling staff – extremely welcoming and efficient.
Cliche alert – it looks like we’re going to exhaust all those German superlative cliches already….
As befits a luxury 5-star German hotel, technology is used well to assist check-in with iPads.
All in all, one of the quickest, friendliest hotel check-ins I’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – Bedroom
As a Brunch Budget Bed, I’d booked an Executive room for 541.64 AED which is approx 32 sq. m. As I had booked the room using the Entertainer Free Night Offer, I was entitled to a second night free of charge, which brought the nightly cost down to 270.82 AED/night.
Wifi was complimentary, fast and hassle-free.
The room was very modern and comfortable, with terrific views over the (still under construction then) Dubai Canal.
A few subtle – and not so subtle (looking at you, big flowery headboard) – finishings add a touch of style to a very comfortable room. 42-inch HD smart TV and large, comfortable desk helped with work (and relaxing!). The fridge was stocked with complimentary juices, water and soft drinks, which was a nice touch.
The lovely marble Bathroom had one a side window, with discretion blinds (if required) to allow daylight in. Aigner Black luxury amenities – very expensive smelling – capped off the feeling of casual elegance.
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – Dining
Although there are 6 dining venues at Steigenberger Hotel Dubai, I was that taken with Brothaus Bakery Bistro I ate every mealtime there 🙂
- Brothaus Bistro Bakery – traditional German bread, food and drinks (read our review of Brothaus Bakery Bistro here)
- The Backyard – a street-inspired garden terrace
- Swim and Tonic – pool bar and lounge
- Neunzehn – executive lounge
- Bayside Restaurant and Terrace
- Das Cafe – afternoon tea
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – Drinking
As befits a luxury German hotel, the range of beers was excellent – including many brands not often seen in Dubai.
Worth mentioning is Schnitzel Nights at Brothaus Bakery Bistro, where there are some amazing deals including premium drinks such as Warsteiner.
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – Facilities
Unfortunately, I was very busy with external meetings so I didn’t get a chance (this time) to try:-
- 3 x meeting rooms
- squash court
- outside pool (overlooking Burj Khalifa)
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – Swag
Although I asked about if Steigenberger Hotels and Resort has a loyalty scheme, I was advised it “wasn’t available – yet….”.
So, other than the lovely Aigner Black toiletries and excellent grown-up German drinks in Brothaus Bakery Bistro, there’s not much in the way of swag sadly 🙁
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – What was good
- A classy, well-appointed beautiful hotel with some really nice unique touches.
- Brothaus Bakery Bistro – at the risk of repetition, I really enjoyed frequenting this delightful bistro.
- Good location for Dubai Canal, Downtown Dubai and Burj Khalifa, all just a short walk 10 minute away.
- Entertainer Free Nights Offer is available, although had to fight a little on the rate.
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – What was not so good
- No loyalty program – yet.
- Had to fight to get the Entertainer rate.
RANT ALERT – Guys, the deal is it’s the Best Available Rate, which we can see on your website before checking. So why offer an uplifted rate, do you honestly think we don’t know what your rates are? This is the downside to the Entertainer Free Nights Offer in Dubai – hotels either reduce availability or sometimes try to ‘claw back’ a more expensive rate. FIGHT THE POWER!
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – Save money by doing this
- If you only need to stay for one night, don’t forget the Entertainer gives you a 20% discount on the Best Available Rate. Bear in mind, even if you don’t have the Entertainer book or app, you can often buy Cheers for around 195 AED.
- Eat in Brothaus Bakery Bistro – really, both your pocket and your belly will thank you for it.
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – Try these travel hacks here
Other than using the Entertainer Free Nights Offer, shop around on prices.
The issue with Business Class hotels in Dubai is they are all fighting increased competition but try to hold high rates. Don’t give in – shop around, as it’s not unusual for a hotel to offer a rate of 1,500+ yet be available elsewhere for less than 500 AED.
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – Sum up this hotel in one sentence
Classy, understated German elegant hotel, available at terrific value with Entertainer Free Nights Offer make this a serious consideration.
Steigenberger Hotel Dubai Review – Details
- Date Visited – August/September 2016
- Cost -541.64 AED for one night, using Entertainer Free Nights Offer second night was free (hence 270.82 AED/night!)
- How Booked – Directly by telephone (MUST quote Entertainer offer at time of reservation)
- Loyalty Program – not at time of stay, “coming soon” (apparently!)
- Area – Business Bay
- Nearest Metro – Business Bay (22 mins/1.6km walk)
Note: All of our hotel reviews are visited anonymously, and we pay for all charges ourselves.
We feel no freebies, no bias, no PR or marketing involvement makes for a better objective and fairer review for you.
Have you stayed at Steigenberger Hotel Dubai ? What was your opinion?
How did you like this hotel review? Let us know – too short, too long, or if there was anything missing you’d like to know about?
We’d love to hear from you, using the comments below.