Seasonal Tastes Westin Dubai Al Habtoor City
Seasonal Tastes Westin Dubai at Al Habtoor City is their all-day international dining restaurant.
I recently stayed at the latest stunning SPG hotel to open in Dubai during their soft opening, and here is my review of the breakfast.
Seasonal Tastes Westin Dubai Al Habtoor City: Introduction
Okay, let’s get this out of the way first.
Now and again, dining in Dubai – and the array of choices it offers – frustrates me.
Choice is good, but when one needs a map to find their way around, or send a search party to get you back to your table, it’s perhaps a little too much.
Whilst I’m a big fan of the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, Kitchen 6 left me feeling like the polar explorer Captain Oates – I’d been gone that long from our table whilst ‘exploring’ – due to it’s expansiveness.
Seasonal Tastes, one of six currently open dining venues at the Westin Dubai Al Habtoor City, covers a similarly large area. However, as it has high ceilings, tremendous natural light and is open plan, it’s a little less bewildering than some Dubai hotel restaurants.
Whilst there is a tremendous amount of choice, the breakfast is logically laid out in clear areas:-
- Western (veal bacon, beef sausage, beans etc.)
- Continental (cold cuts, cheeses, salad etc.)
- Egg station
- Fruit, cereals, nuts and seeds
- Pastries and bakery
- some yet to open areas such as Asian
What did I eat?
Although it was very tempting to try everything, I settled on the Western breakfast with scrambled eggs with with chives, chillis, pepper and cheese.
I found all the staff extremely friendly, especially the Jamaican sous chef and the Indian wizard who made the best scrambled eggs I’ve ever tasted. Not only that, the chef took time to explain to me some of his cooking tips for the next time I tried to match his egg expertise.
The range of breads and cheeses were particularly wide-ranging, and the cappuccino was excellent – I couldn’t resist another cup, or three.
What was good?
- The restaurant looks amazing, not just the funky seductive chandeliers and lights, but high ceilings and open spaces really added to the ambiance.
- Service was exceptional, although as it was soft opening there were a few minor teething problems the staff were extremely keen to rectify. At one point, I was visited at the table and apologised to – for what was a very minor issue – by the supervisor, then the sous chef, and finally the head chef. This speaks volumes of the dedication of the staff, as I’d considered the matter closed before I’d even returned to my table, but 3 members of staff took it upon themselves to take ownership. That’s awesome.
- The chef that made my scrambled eggs was a wizard, as they were easily the best I’ve ever had.
- The range of foods on offer was mind-boggling; even things like mustard had several different types.
- As if there wasn’t enough choice, there were a few areas still to be opened (such as the Asian breakfast area).
What was not so good?
- Realistically, nothing – it was a soft opening so it’s reasonable to expect a few blips.
Breakfast at Seasonal Tastes Westin Dubai: One sentence summary
Stunning, expansive restaurant with excellent wide range of breakfast options, with wonderful staff. Thank you!
Seasonal Tastes Westin Dubai breakfast: Details
- Timings: 0700 – 1100
- Cost: Free, as an SPG Platinum I get complimentary breakfast during all stays.
- Cuisine: International, Halal
Disclosure: All of our reviews are visited anonymously, and we pay for all charges ourselves.
We feel no freebies, no bias, no PR or marketing involvement makes for a better objective and fairer review for you.
Have you tried - or will you be trying - the breakfast at Seasonal Tastes? Do let us know in the comments below, we love hearing from you!