Cheap Eats in Dubai
This list came about from one of our Clubhouse “Travel to Dubai Club” rooms when we set a topic of ‘cheap eats in Dubai’ to offer visitors a few ideas for eating out cheap around Dubai.
It quickly became a ‘hot button topic’, so this list will be regularly updated as new tips come in.
Here are a few loose rules for inclusion:-
- Less than 200 AED/2 people( according to Zomato price guide)
- Prices to be regularly available (i.e no deals or promotions or Entertainer-type free meals)
- Must be trading, and include a link to Zomato or Google Maps
Obvious note…. Don’t forget to factor in transport costs, although we’ve tried to pick across most areas to compile this ‘cheap eats in Dubai’ list.
Shaun’s List (in no order)
1. Ravi’s – Satwa, Karama – Pakistani (65 AED for 2)
The Original, The Legendary, The Experience – authenticity meets value to make quality.
2. Brick Lane – Al Barsha – Indian (125 AED for 2)
Scouse Bangladeshis serve up those ‘British Indian’ specials.
3. Cascade Multi-Cuisine Restaurant – Tecom (110 AED for 2)
Quite literally, an all-rounder that will suit anyone and my ‘go to’ eating spot whenever in Tecom that’s not a pub.
4.Xiao Wei Yang International Restaurant (Little Lamb) – Marina (90 AED for 2)
This relatively hidden gem opposite Le Royal Meridien serves up a storm – ideal for groups.
5. Maria Bonita – Um Suqeim – Mexican (AED 200 for 2)
Overlooking the poshness of the neighbourhood, it’s still the most authentic Mexican fare in Dubai (and licensed too!)
6. Vietnamese Foodies – JLT (170 AED for 2)
Street food meets fine dining quality in JLT, and recently opened also in Time Out Market.
7. 1762 The Gourmet Deli Co – Media City – Deli (145 AED for 2)
Never bettered, especially their Roast beef in Yorkshire pudding wrap.
8. Doner Kebab – Al Barsha, Um Suqeim (95 AED for 2)
Yes, you can eat them sober. Closest you’ll get to a UK kebab shop. Also keep an eye out for German Doner Kebab branches too if you like Berliner style.
9. Bob’s Fish & Chips – Dubai Marina (190 AED for 2)
Just like ‘back home’, including favourites like mushy peas, gravy, pies and haggis without the Marina price uplift.
10. Skazka – JLT – Russian (120 AED for 2)
Don’t ever overlook this quality Uzbek, Russian, Georgian and Arab spot – superb for small prices.