Hotel Review JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – Stunning Luxury for 335 AED
Hotel Review JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – Stunning Luxury for 335 AED
Hotel Review JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is the latest article in our Brunch Budget Beds series, where we review business class Dubai hotels that cost less than a Dubai brunch.
Hotel Review JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – Introduction
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is a Marriott Rewards Category 7 luxury 5-star hotel in Business Bay, Dubai.
As the world’s tallest hotel, JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has over 1,600 guest rooms and suites spread across 72 floors and two towers.
Trivia: The iconic towers are apparently inspired by palm trees.
The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is also one of our current ‘5 of the best hotels in Dubai’ – read more on why we rate is so highly here.
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – First impressions and Check-in
As befits such an impressive, busy hotel, parking and drop-off can be a little congested at times. However, there’s always plenty staff – valets, porters, and helpers – around to assist and try their best for you.
Check-in is always a breeze, being a Marriott Rewards Silver member I get to use the Elite check-in area. Alternatively, you could use the Marriott Rewards app which can allow mobile check-in, although I’ve never tried it.
It’s always pleasant to have Elite recognition, and the check-in staff are always smiling and happy to chat, offering refreshments and cool wipes.
As the hotel lobby is so large, there are plenty staff around to direct you to all the different venues – including whichever tower you are residing in.
Top Tip: Make sure you have your camera ready in the elevators, as they are open panel glass and provide a terrific view over Dubai Canal, Sheikh Zayed Road and Jumeirah.
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – Bedroom
As a Brunch Budget Bed, I’d booked the Guest room for 670 AED which is approx 44 sq. m. As I had booked the room using the Entertainer Free Night Offer, I was entitled to a second night free of charge, which brought the nightly cost down to 335 AED/night.
Wifi was complimentary for Marriott Rewards members and I was upgraded to a Sea View Room – and also in the ‘quiet area’
The room is not only very modern and comfortable, but it also benefits from an abundance of natural light with the large windows. TV is large, excellent and with lots of channels, the Internet always works well and there is a superb LCD bedside tablet controller (see photo) to control everything.
Marble Bathroom is very large, with free-standing large funky bath, and separate wet-room shower and toilet. Desk is very large, with an electronic picture frame showing you all the enticing bars, restaurants, clubs and facilities.
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – Dining
One look at the info card provided (see photo) starts to show how impressive the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is.
Everywhere I’ve eaten in JW Marriott Marquis has been excellent, and there’s always a wide range of award-winning dining options, such as:-
- Lounge Lobby – cafe/patisserie (see photo, one of the best coffees I’ve had for a while!)
- Kitchen 6 – breakfast, International
- Prime 68 – gourmet steakhouse on 68th floor
- La Farine – 24-hour French bistro and bakery
- Rang Mahal by Atul Kochar – Indian
- Tong Thai
- Positano – Italian
- Garden – South American/Peruvian
- Izakaya – Japanese (watch out for the slighty loopy green-haired ‘Wasabi Girl’!)
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – Drinking
In addition to the restaurants, you can see why JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is an entertainment venue in its own right, with bars, lounges and clubs including:-
- The Lounge – bar snacks
- Aqua – poolside bar and grill
- Vault – the highest hotel bar in the world, between the 71st and 72nd floor, serves terrific cocktails and a great value happy hour.
- Weslodge Saloon – Canadian themed bar and restaurant (try the Lobster Poutine!) with stunning views of Burj Khalifa
- Velocity – sports bar, lounge and restaurant
- Square – nightclub
- GQ Bar
- VIP room
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – Facilities
Have you ever wanted to stay at a hotel, and never leave the premises? Well, at the JW Marriott Marquis there is no need to, as everything you could possibly need is available within it:-
- The pool deck spans across a deck level between the two towers, and includes great views of Downtown Dubai.
- Ground floor offers a wide range of shops, gifts, jewellers etc. and of course all some excellent bars, lounges, restaurants and clubs.
- Prime 68, Weslodge Saloon and Vault – all worth visiting in their own right – are on the highest floors, 68 upwards to 72.
- Saray Spa
- Meeting rooms aplenty and two massive ballrooms complete the resplendent range of facilities.
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – Swag
As a Marriott Rewards Silver, I received free internet, and upgrade to Sea View and a late checkout and dedicated Elite reception area.
Hotel Review JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – What was good
- Simply stupendous hotel, that always provides a consistently high guest experience with an amazing range of facilities.
- Prime 68 steakhouse does an amazing jazz-themed brunch on Fridays – review to follow.
- Entertainer Free Nights Offer is generally readily available, perhaps due to having so many rooms!
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – What was not so good
My long-standing issue with JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is the parking/drop-off area. Although staff try their best, it tends to get very congested and with the construction works around Business Bay, it’s unlikely to improve anytime soon.
A secondary niggle is not all of the venues (for example, Weslodge Saloon) allow you to claim Marriott Rewards, as they are not affiliated to the hotel so don’t partake in the program. Also, Marriott Rewards – unlike SPG – will only let you earn Marriott Rewards points when you are staying at the hotel, NOT as a walk-up customer.
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai – Save money by doing this
Other than using the Entertainer for Free Nights Offer, also look at the Entertainer apps/books such as Cheers, Fine Dining, Body etc. for deals here. Many of the venues offer promotions such as Buy One Get Free, cocktails, spa treatments etc.
If you only need to stay for one night, don’t forget the Entertainer gives you a 20% discount on the Best Available Rate. Bear in mind, even if you don’t have the Entertainer book or app, you can often buy Cheers for around 195 AED.
Hotel Review JW Marriott Marquis Dubai: Try these travel hacks here
Other than using the Entertainer Free Nights Offer, be a member of Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) or Marriott Rewards before you stay here. Now the two hotel loyalty programs are combined, link your accounts to receive a Status Match and a very competitive points transfer – here’s how.
It’s also worth being patient and looking ahead for the best rates, as they do tend to fluctuate quickly.
Midweek rates are usually around 1,100 to 1,500 and weekend rates are often around 800-900.
However, if you do have a date in mind it’s wise to keep checking the app every hour or so, as occasionally rates are suddenly dropped.
Finally, like in this instance – where I booked the rate a few hours before check-in, short notice bookings can bring some terrific value, especially at weekend.
Hotel Review JW Marriott Marquis Dubai: Sum up this hotel in one sentence
One of the best 5-star hotels in Dubai, offering a fantastic range of leisure venues and at competitive prices (especially with Entertainer Free Nights Offers).
Hotel Review JW Marriott Marquis Dubai- Details
- Date Visited – August 2016
- Cost – 670 AED for one night, using Entertainer Free Nights Offer second night was free (hence 335 AED/night!)
- How Booked – Directly by telephone +971 4 414 000 (MUST quote Entertainer offer at time of reservation)
- Loyalty Program – Starwood Preferred Guest SPG/Marriott Rewards (now linked – see article here on how to merge accounts)
- Area – Business Bay
- Nearest Metro – Business Bay (12 mins/950m walk)
Note: All of our hotel reviews are visited anonymously, and we pay for all charges ourselves.
We feel no freebies, no bias, no PR or marketing involvement makes for a better objective and fairer review for you.
Have you stayed at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai? What was your opinion?
How did you like this hotel review? Let us know – too short, too long, or if there was anything missing you’d like to know about?
We’d love to hear from you, using the comments below.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.